The Jim Corbett National Park is located in Nainital in Uttarakhand. It is the oldest National park in India and is named after Jim Corbett who worked towards the conservation of Tigers thereby contributing to the establishment of the National Park.
Corbett has become a prime destination for Ecotourism. People visiting Corbett can indulge in the following:
- Elephant Safari - Your changes of spotting rare animals increases manifold when they think of you as one of them. Hop onto an Elephant and blend in with the nature. The mahouts know the jungles inside out and help you get the most out of your journey.
- Jeep Safari - An open jeep safari is ideal to stay safe and yet see the sights and sounds around the park.
- Bird Watching - The park boasts of 580 known species of birds. Take your bird watching gear and delight in the company of the winged ones.
- Nature Treks - The park has pathways around it where tourists can indulge in a guided trek. Identify the flora around the forest for added interest.
- Nearby Attractions - Visit attractions like the Corbett Falls and Garjiya Devi Temple which are only a few kilometres from the national park